Monday, July 18, 2016

Adoption Showers & a Pic of Little Ms room full of gifts

Adoption Showers!!

Words cannot express how absolutely HUMBLED I am by all of the love and support we have received from family, friends and church members who have supported us through this amazing journey!   On Saturday July 9th we had a family & friends shower at my moms house, my sister did a BEAUTIFUL job decorating and making amazing food for the shower!

I was so amazed by all the people who came to the shower and the wonderful gifts that everyone brought for Little M.  My heart is so full and I pray with all my heart that this little girl will know and feel how absolutely LOVED and adored she is by so very many people!  

Our youngest child is 14 years old and so we do not have a single toy to be found in this house.....trying to purchase clothing, coats, shoes, hair accessories, towels, and toys was overwhelming to us amongst the adoption expenses which have ended up costing nearly double what we originally expected!  The showers have helped us so much in being able to have all the clothes, toys and little girl items we need!

There were lanterns strung overhead and beautiful tables with fancy chopsticks, photos of little M, square plates, and napkins...every thing was decorated in red, white and black...it was beautiful.  I was so thankful for all the people who came, I was so surprised at the large crowd we had!  Thank you to all of you!

The food was delicious!  Lots of Chinese themed items...with an American twist like the Chinese takeout cartons :-)  So cute!

Shower from our Church Family
I wish I would have been able to capture more photos of this amazing shower...we walked up to the door and it was decorated with globes and Chinese characters.  You can see this amazing food table with globes, you can´t see the streamers with Chinese characters hanging above but it was amazing.  There were delicious croissants, salads, fruit, and yummy cake pops along with a beautiful dessert!

I was so humbled that these sweet ladies would throw such a lovely shower for me and Little M.  I wish I would have been able to take more photos but I was answering questions, telling a little about our adoption journey story and opening gifts so I didn´t get much of a chance to take pictures but it was such a lovely shower with so many amazing women who came.  

I was given this beautiful journal with lovely wishes and comments from all the sweet ladies who came and plenty of room to continue to record our journey.  You can see the lovely necklace on the journal, it is a beautiful globe.  I just absolutely LOVE it!!!   I feel so blessed to be able to attend church with such sweet women who are so thoughtful!

Drum roll please.......Little M´s Room
***First I would like to make a disclaimer:  Her room was completely clean and ready for her before the showers....and it won´t be messy when she comes home! :-)

Looking at this sweet little girls room brings tears to my eyes...this is literally a perfect representation of how many people love this little girl!  I haven´t begun to put everything away in her drawers, toy bins and closet but honestly I can tell you that they will all be full!   I cannot believe how generous and kind everyone has been to us through this amazing journey!  

This journey has been filled with moments of seeing the Grace of God showering us with blessings to be able to financially make it through as well as feeling the love and support of so many people.  I cannot wait to bring her home so she can wear the clothes, shoes, socks, hair bows and play with all the toys that everyone has given to her.  We feel so absolutely blessed and love all of you!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment